View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #31
Crono0001

Crono 2 has arrived!

Been a while so I guess I'll update this thread.

I got a second car! I know a lot of you aren't into the tuner scene, but here its:

It's a 1985 Toyota Corolla AE86, or HACHIROKU! For those of you who don't know, it's a cult car following the cartoon Initial D, which spurred the whole drift scene in Japan, which recently made it out west.

Now the car I got was a 2-owner barn find. Very stock, very together. Most of the ones you find are completely gutted out and ruined by kids. This one is all in one piece.

Man is it slow! We're talking foot down full throttle and I'm still losing speed going uphill. But I must say, it's a happy little car. The steering is responsive and tight, not unlike the Boxster. Where handling and driving experience is concerned, this thing blows Civics and other cheap imports out of the water. None of that steering wheel play or unresponsive throttle. This truly is a driver's car. I can't really explain why I love it so much, other than the fact that it was my dream car as a kid. It knows it's not fast, and it knows it's not pretty. But it tries its best to please you. Like an old dog, almost.

Plans? Not to rice it up. JDM bumpers, maybe Initial D replica for exterior. As for interior, I'll probably go full Honda F20C VTEC swap (engine from an S2000). This will give 986S kind of speed and handling. Will let you all know how it goes.

For those of you interested, the build album is here:
https://www.facebook.com/crono0001/media_set?set=a.10201108279841939.1073741827.10172 70010&type=3
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote