View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
Karl Nettgen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN 986 View Post
I found a great deal on Ebay a few years ago for new Litronics at $1000 and I couldn't believe how much better they are than the OEM halogens. You can sell the halogens to recoup some of your money, or keep them to put back in the car when you sell it. I think the Litronics will always have good resale value on their own.
I was also glad I found a set that was new,,, a lot of the used ones I saw looked worse (cloudy/scratched) than the halogens that were on my car.
I keep thinking about the used condition to spending big bucks on used is always risky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
I am in the same boat as you Karl. I want clear, could live with Halogen but would like to have Xenons. I also love the CAD Retrofit. I will probable do as most have suggested, find a good deal on Xenons and keep the old(mine are in excellent condition, no yellowing). When ever, if ever, I sell the car, sell the Xenons separately. I keep looking for a good used set but I don't want anything yellowed and for what people want for used, it is not much more to get new.
My thoughts almost exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
Unfortunately Litronics are one of those mods that you have to bite the bullet and accept the Porsche premium. I would not buy second hand lights or any light that did not come with a guarantee of some sort if you're going to be spending more than $500.

p.s.
I would love to see Nine8Six's mod available for sale. I'd do that mod in an instant.
Yeah, I guess I need to just do it...Thanks everybody for all your comments. I'll post some before and after when I get them along with the rest of my de-amber