View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #61
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Sunday at Willow Springs Big Track went both good and bad.

My goals were; (1) Get comfortable with the car; (2) Match my previous best lap time; (3) work on lap consistency. All goals met. I felt comfortable in the car with fire suit, helmet, HANS device, harnesses, cool shirt, roll cage, and window net. I matched my previous best time (1:37) so I hadn't become too rusty while being off the track for several months while the car was being built. And last, then I turned about 20 laps consistently in the 1:38's.

By now, it was almost mid-day and it was starting to get hot and then the car started running poorly - no power over 4K rpm. So, I called it day and drove home slowly. CEL's were P0447 and P0453. Both fuel related (P0447 is the tank vent valve and P053 is the tank pressure switch) and both of these components are from the donor car. I'll investigate further and probably make some repairs this week. Then, back to the track soon!

Oh, one last thing is that I had the track all to myself for two of the four sessions that I ran! Later, two other cars showed up so it was just us three. Here I am alone in the paddock:

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote