View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
coreseller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
The only downside to the MaxJax is the inconvenience factor: it's either in your way when you're not using it (assuming it's set up and ready to go) or it requires 15 minutes or so to move it into place and bolt it down again so you can use it.

A recessed scissors lift is always available and it's never in the way. The downside to one like mine, which has a single-piece top, is that it works great for my rear-engine car -- but is a lot less useful for my other cars, which are all (conventional) front wheel drive.

The better solution is a scissors jack where there are two units -- one for each side of the car. They leave the center open for work, and can be recessed down just like mine is. I know Bend Pak is working on a new model like this and expects to have it out early next year. But there are others out there.

This is a randomly grabbed image of one that goes to full height, but you'll get the idea:

Mine sinks into the ground and is tiled to match the rest of the floor. For my 911, it's just perfect.

I'm glad I saw that last still picture in your post Jack, I thought your garage always looked too neat and organized.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote