View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #12
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by More View Post
I disagree with some of the comments on here.
I own a 1998 2.5L and I can tell you it has more than enough power for the roads so much so that I struggle to keep it under the street limits and that's just in 2nd gear. To be honest if I owned a S model I'm sure I would have lost my license a long time ago.
I owned a Miata so yes on the local roads 150-200 hp can get you into trouble indeed.
My comment about the 3.2 being better for street use was more about highway driving. Like it or not people have become really freakin rude in these significantly more powerful SUVs, minivans, sedans, etc. There's one particular highway entrance nearest to my home where you merge uphill and the cars are carrying speed from going down a hill. There's no dedicated merging lane and no one gives you any mercy. Even in that situation I feel like the 3.2 is just barely enough to slot in and it still requires a big gap between the car that just passed and the one coming up the hill at you.
And I don't need to go into the left lane jerks who speed up when they see a Porsche trying to move into the passing lane. It's like their mission not to have the Porsche get in front of them in the fast lane.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-27-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote