View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
steved0x

I bought a 2000 S in December with 103K miles on it, after driving both a 98 and a 2001 base. The 98 felt underpowered (and had a lot of things wrong with it, and I think around 80k miles), and the 2001 base felt about as powerful as the 2000 S I ended up getting (but it had a lot of things wrong with it too, and has 120k miles). Both of these cars were in the $9,000 range. (and both were pretty ragged out in the interior, ac worked on neither one, the back window was terrible, etc...)

The one I ended up getting was used as a daily driver by the previous owner and when things broke he fixed them the right way. I paid 12,000 for it and then another 1,350 right away to have the LN Bearing retrofit completed (previous owner had done new clutch but elected not to do the bearing)

For me it was worth the extra $$$ for a better example and for the bigger brakes, the 3 spoke wheel, the 6 speed, and the extra HP of the S.

New clutch and new IMS bearing would be a good selling point and could be an indicator that the previous owner took good car of the car and made the necessary repairs and maintenance. It sounds like there may be some service records but you haven't gotten a copy yet?

Also it says you have an 03 S already?

Did you get a chance to drive it? The 2001 base I drove was so much more powerful than the 98 that I think the 98 was just not performing well...

Good luck!

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote