View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #15
evan9eleven
2004 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp17 View Post
"Insaro double IMS bearing retrofit"

Wow what a blast from the past. Heard about Insaros ims fix a couple years back or so. Watch the video (in spanish) and everything on that. Haven't heard anything about it ever since the hostile interrogation of the person who started the thread had to go through. How has that been working out for you guys in Europe?

Yeah, I've read that thread. Nothing very kind was said there.

Insaro has been installing their bearing for about three years now I guess, only in Spain as far as I know. I emailed their engineer owner, Roberto, to ask some questions before I made a decision. Installs number in the hundreds but not thousands, presumably due to cost and a smaller market. So far they have pulled out 6 of their own bearings to inspect wear, all with good results except for an oil leak on the outer seal due to a poor installation. The highest mileage on one of their bearings is 72,500 km (about 45K miles.)

I also seriously considered the IMS Solution, and also emailed Jake with questions which he kindly and promptly answered. However, as this was my first time using the indi shop I felt most comfortable going with the kit they had experience with as opposed to an install billed as being more like "engine surgery." Now that I know the shop, I'm totally confident that they would have handled the Solution install with ease. So we'll see what I do next time.

By the way, I forgot to post the camshaft deviation numbers before and after, both were completely stable with no variation :

Before, with stock IMSB: 1.31 and 2.6
After with retrofit IMSB: exactly the same
evan9eleven is offline   Reply With Quote