View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 AM   #18
soucorp
soucorp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom4782 View Post
I may not have this precisely correct, but this is my understanding.

The settlement would pay all or some of the costs that owners incurred when repairing IMS caused damage to their Boxster engines. The damage must have taken place within 10 years of the car's in-service date. For example, suppose your Boxster was placed in service on January 1, 2001. You may be reimbursed for IMS related damage if that damage occurred before the end of 2010. If it happened after that, your out of luck. And there is no money for those who took preventative steps like installing an IMS Retrofit.

If you had IMS damage and qualify for some payment, your best bet in my opinion is to file a claim. If you don't qualify, then your best bet is to send a letter to the court objecting to the settlement in the hope of more favorable terms from a revised settlement. If you just opt out, then your in the position of having to sue Porsche on your own because there will not be a second class action suit allowed.
What I want to know is why are they only agreeing to pay after the engine is effed up! Why isn't this treated like a safety recall by the GOV to make them replace the defect put in place by a bean counter to reduce cost. The way Porsche went about handling it is ridiculous and is hurting the brand Big Time.

just my $.02, I love my car still... just heart broken and venting and now I have to pay for a preventive service out of my own pocket for piece of mind that my car could be in the 1%-10% failure rate.
Attached Images

Last edited by soucorp; 09-19-2013 at 11:48 AM.
soucorp is offline   Reply With Quote