View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #19
southernstar

To this point it is unanimous. I would do it again in a minute. The only qustion is why I waited so long to buy another Porsche. IMO the car is an incredibly cohesive and balanced design with - and here is that word again, incredibly 'balanced' performance. The combination of steering, braking, acceleration, handling and sound (especially above 4000 RPM's) is sensational. Add to that decent ergonomics and luggage space, excellent HVAC and, in spite of significant production numbers and the car's age, some status, what else can provide similar bang for the buck? And yes, 'for the buck' includes the relatively high maintenance costs associated with owning an aging thoroughbred.

I never tire of driving it and in fact, find excuses for longer trips through sports car country. In July my wife and I drove the Cabot trail in Cape Breton and, even though we just got back from a trip to Jamaica on Monday, I have convinced her that we really need a get-away this weekend to a nice resort in Muskoka - and yes, lets take the Boxster to enjoy the scenery with the top down. She still gets a bit tense powering through winding country roads, but I have booked her a massage upon our arrival at Taboo resort. Just thinking of her (and the hour I will have to go out on my own and REALLY drive it)!

Brad
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote