View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
Steve Tinker

When I was looking for a Porsche in early 2008, I was shown more than a few dogs (how any feeling person can treat good engineering the way some of those cars must have been treated amazes me), and in exasperation I contacted the local OPC in Brisbane, expecting a curtious brush off when the amount of money I wished to spend was discussed. But on the contrary I was received and listened to and asked if I had considered the Boxster (I was looking for a 3,0 / 3,2 or 964 Carrera). Anyway they let me loose in an early 2.5 Boxster which had a lot of miles. I declined this car but they promised to let me know when a good one turned up. Yeah right I thought.
About 6 weeks later (in the meantime I had seen a couple more 3.2 Carrera semi-dogs), I got a phone call saying they had a trade in 986 S that "looked very, very good". I took one drive and that was it - I knew within the first 500 yards that it was head and shoulders above anything else I had tried..... It probably didn't have the build quality of the earlier Carreras, but the driving experience was wonderfull.
Would I do it again - without a doubt and I would add that I would go again to the OPC and ask them to source a car for me. The stars were in alignment for me that day. I paid top dollar but got a top car too.
But I've still got a hankering for a 993.....

Last edited by Steve Tinker; 09-12-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Steve Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote