View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #38
Kroggers

Thank you Brad...

I have spent some time going over the race in my head and the crash, and here is my view on it all.

My analysis is that I drove as I would have done in my Boxster without taking consideration for the fact that it was in fact not my Boxster I was driving (I am still new to raceing, this is my 3rd season and still have a lot to learn) - I took a line I had done many times before in that corner with the Boxster. But with the Boxster I can go deeper and brake later in that corner and follow the inside line to get past another car - this as we did see is not a good move with an early 911. I also got "knock back" on the brakes in the car on that corner (which is also what made me spin earlier in the race - did not mention that ), and my reactions are not used to it so I react in the wrong way when it happens - again used to a Boxster with ABS etc.

I did know that Toni's car did suffer from knock back, as I discovered that during qualification. Toni told me to pump the brakes when it happens, but to him this was a instant reaction without thinking - not so for me

So in my analysis, the crash was my fault, but more due to the fact that I was driving a car I was not used to and had not practised enough in to make reactions automatic and second-nature. When faced with issues and a race situation I defaulted to Boxster-Racing-Mode...

Here is a picture from the last race we had at Alastaro where I take the same corner in the same way in my Boxster with no issue - the only issue was that I tried to do it again in a car that was not my Boxster

But that issue to one side, we have sorted out a solution to make sure I race for the season final in Sweden - the current box will be fixed, but for now we have picked up a used spare box. After the race season we will rebuild both and have a spare box in future

Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote