View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #51
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBill View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for all your input. Sorry for the late reply.

“Other that the maintenance, what have you had done?”
Water pump twice (the second was just last month). Motor mount at about 160K. Just routine maintenance otherwise.

“maybe it was his first visit to the forum, and he's now too busy searching to figure out what the hell an IMSB is”
I have no idea what an IMSB is…is this something I need to be aware of?

Further research has shown that the original Porsche recommended schedule was 30K for plugs, and since that has served me well I think I will stick with that. Since I had two prior 30Ks done at this shop I didn’t ask the cost, I just dropped it off with instructions for a 30K.

Here’s the pic of the odometer for Jaxonalden.

Best regards,
FloridaBill
Greetings FloridaBill,

If you're still out there, I was curious to hear how you typically drive the car. Meaning what's your typical rev-range for driving on the highway and city? Does the car see much revving in the 4-6K range?

We often debate what's good or bad for the engine. Some think going below 3K RPM is not so good while others believe being at exactly 3K RPM can become problematic. Thus the conventional wisdom has become to keep it above 3K RPM once the fluids are up to temp. But on the highway some find this less than ideal preferring to stay in the 2-3K RPM range.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote