View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #36
Kroggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jittsl View Post
Looks like you are having lots of fun. Keep them coming.
I was having a lot of fun - until the weekend, when I had what can only be the worst racing weekend so far!!! But this morning I woke up happy and ready to keep going

I think I will title this race report as "You bend it, You mend it", and my bad luck at Alastaro continues

Some times things just do not go the way you want them to go and you maybe make decisions that feel correct at the time, but after the event you sit down and wonder "why did I do that!!!" But I always try to look on the bright side and keep on going - and that is what I am going to do this time as well...

The event started on Friday with practice. This was the main event of the 2013 season, and was combined with the Porsche Club Festival. I was making good lap times on the Friday and even set a new personal best for me at Alastaro - until my transmission said "This is not fun" and emptied a load of oil over the track and rendered me stationary - and out of the race for the weekend (or so I thought)...

Once back at the paddock I jacked up the Boxster and discovered that the left side output flange was not looking to fresh...

Rather than try to fix it at the circuit, I parked the car on my trailer and settled down to have a race free weekend....

But this is where things started to get interesting! As this was the Porsche Club Festival, my team mate Toni had also taken along his old race car - a nice short wheelbase 911 with a RSR replica kit on it. And after some discussions it was decided I would enter the race in this car - ohhhhh, how I wish I had never done this!

Saturday morning for the 20min warm up session was the first time I got to drive Toni's car and whilst it was fun it was not my Boxster and I felt nervous about the brakes which were a bit erratic...

I took the car out again for qualification and recorded a best time of 1:32:66 which was much slower than my time in the Boxster. But still the brakes were bothering me and this is when I should have parked the car and walked away, as half way threw race 9 (first race start of the day) the brakes again gave me a fun time and ended in disaster.

So, now I have two cars that need to be fixed and I ended the race weekend with a "Did Not Finish" and a "Did Not Start"!

Back to the Boxster, it is up on stands and a closer look at the transmission is under way.

Just under two weeks to next race and season final - will the Boxster be race ready in time?!?
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote