View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #17
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson View Post
Perfect, are you dissing 'Jersey Tomatoes? Everyone I know in the Tri-state area anxiously awaits fresh NJ Tomatoes every Summer.
They are great in salads, tacos or sandwiches but they are not fibrous enough for the high heat of cooking. The Cento San Marzano's (certified I think) from Fairway Market are the way to go. I'm sure they have a lot more lycopene as well, that's good for people who have heart conditions or don't want any. The imported stuff from Italy has a much deeper red color. I know the chef at Portofino in Colt's Neck he only uses the imported (in huge cans, no pre-made sauces,all made to order), he also flys in fish from Italy every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicecar View Post
change every 50k ? to my knowledge mine has never been changed...113454 miles mmmmmmmmmmm better drive extra hard and make sure i move the oil around extra good.
I would change it soon. A bearing isn't meant to last forever. And this is the most important one. At least you don't have a 2006-2008 Boxster IMS bearing. Those are not nearly as easy to replace (when their time is up). You have to take out the engine. $$$$$. 1997-2004 is an easy job.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-15-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote