View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenOH
Please answer yes or no to the following questions related to RMS and engine failure. Please include particular information in your response regarding the year, mileage, model, whether the car was purchased new or used, transmission type, driving style and adherence to scheduled maintenance and break-in recommendations. Thanks for participating. (hope this appears as intended)

Have you experienced a RMS leak? (yes/no)
Have you experienced mutiple RMS leaks (yes/no)
Have you experienced an engine failure (yes/no)
Mike,

I think you're on to a good thing. And, without over-complicating things, a suggestion: To make the Data meaningful, consider expanding your poll to at least include:

Current Mileage

Mileage at time of RMS Failure

Bought New?

Bought Used?
(Mine was used - RMS @4k mi., but if I had not been persistent, I would have never known - the Dealership did not want to release that info to me, fairly common Dealer Practice from several reports I've seen. So someone could have a used vehicle with replaced RMS and not know it.

Do you Track or DE your Car?

Is All Maintenance performed in a timely manner?

What is your Normal Oil Change Interval?

What Mods have you done?

Without some additional information to qualify the RMS leak(s), you could be hearing from people who's RMS Failure is due to Abuse, Neglect or Extreme Use, which of course can't be specifically pinned on Faulty Design or Manufacture.

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 01-25-2006 at 05:01 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote