View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
black_box
DIY extremist

I used it for a year til I ran out of product. I would not buy it again and I'll tell you why...

It is a very labor intensive process if used according to the directions (wash, prewax cleaner, wax, detailer, buff), but it does make the car look good. Additionally, since the wax itself (not the spray) is still carnauba based, though, and will leave haze on any non-paint parts it touches, unlike a synthetic.

What it does not do, however, is color correct any scratches or chips in the paint. Before I had the paint fixed up, I had several small chips where the white or blue primer underneath could be seen. This product had no effect on them.

What it did stain, however, were my hands. even after using permatex degreasing hand cleaner, the crevices of my fingers aand under nails were black! Took several nailbrushings to get rid of that...

The Black Box IMHO, is a gimmick. It's a quality wax kit that's dyed black, but didn't give me any benefits overall vs. other traditional wax products. After using that, I switched to using Turtle ICE spray wax and detailer, which are fully synthetic. It does not haze on rubber, and can be used on every surface --- I put it on paint, glass, rubber, wheels with good effect.
black_box is offline   Reply With Quote