View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
AKnowles

Bad CPS = Reference mark not present?

I drove home today, got home and checked my codes. Still had the P0102 and now I also had a P0112, I'll follow up that on my MAF thread. But what intrigued me was the fact that my hot start issue was back. When the car is set to start the starter turns over the engine, the engine catches, and then it dies. I repeated it. Then just to push my luck, I tried it again. Twice with the same result. No ignition at all. Just the started turning the motor over.

Since I had my PST2 plugged in, I decided to browse around. The one item that caught my eye was the Reference Mark under the Input signals section. Thinking this might be the engine CPS I wanted to see what the value was. What I got was Reference Mark not present signal. A Google search brought up the Impulse Sender for the phrase Boxster Reference Mark Sensor. So I'm thinking this really might have something to do with the Crankshaft Position Sensor and just maybe I've caught the sensor in a hot failed position. I'm going to check this theory out later after the motor cools, but thought I'd ask here if anyone knows anything about this option and if it does indeed reflect the CPS status?