View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #13
Pilot2519j

Quote:
Originally Posted by natecooper
Porsche is coming out with the new Cayenne Turbo S. 520HP and 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. I love it, but at the same time I hate it. I mean... IT'S AN SUV FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!! Do SUV's really need to keep side by side with 911's? And is anyone else a bit bothered that Porsche will throw 550HP at an SUV, but won't give their mid-engine Boxster/Cayman anything over 300HP because of the 'precious' 911!?! I don't know wether to hug someone or cry. Pretty soon I'm sure they will have a mid engine SUV with 207HP, and superior handling. Kick ass.
Don't be so upset. I don't see any Cayenne doing anything to Boxster!. First turn they are on their side unless they have the optional anti turnover skids. It may go fast in a straight line! The world is full of curves. They can put 800 hp in there and still won't interest me. Driving in NY you realize how rediculous the 0-60 is. Whether its 5.5 seconds or 5.0 or 4.8 in the acceleration lane you are already over the speed limit with a state trooper waiting and loving to give you a ticket. They all have their quotas to give so watch out. Their dirty little secret of ticket quotas is out courtesy of Mayor Bloomberg. The city needs this blood money, or another indirect tax to you very much so. so much so it is a component of the city budget. They are like leeches and bloodsuckers making a living of drivers in NYC, Nassau County and so on. As rats they should be terminated or better yet relocated to the desert.