View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #39
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Olsen View Post
Did someone say 'garage?'

If you guys can look past the coupe that's parked in it, I've got a garage that -- like with many of the ones in this thread -- is NOT enormous. But with a little thought and effort, you can fit a lot of DIY-ability into a small garage. (Especially if you can put your other cars somewhere else.) I do automotive work in it, and also some carpentry and metal fabrication.

I did all the work myself, including setting the tile and digging the pit for the lift. The total budget, including the floor, cabinets, benches and lift was less than $3,500. Everything in the place is second-hand, re-purposed or home-made.

Work benches that fold down from the wall:

I also made a website for the place: The 12-Gauge Garage (I promise you, this is not spam. I don't make any money off of the website and pay for it out of my own pocket.)

A website named Petrolicious made a video about the garage and my car:

One Car To Do It All

And yes, a video just about the lift I put in:

My Garage Lift

Is it always this clean? No. Not by a long shot.

But it does go back to clean very quickly -- that's the real accomplishment of it, I think. I finally took the time to work out a place for everything to go when It's not being used.

In practice, it makes a huge difference not having to spend so much time looking for things you've misplaced. I spent years doing that.
Jack,

Would you kindly take a dustpan and brush to that garage. It's a mess !