View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #31
mcomet

I just put a deposit down on a new 981 Cayman S. I sold my 986S the other day. It was a hard decision tho. Like others I was looking at 360's, Gallardos and at that point slightly more for used early model v8 R8s. The wife put the stop on the whole audi thing and I don't think I could convince her on maintainence costs on the Ferrari or Lambo.

Yes the 360 is cheaper but it is still Ferrari and still has $$ for maint. If you can save that money up and not lose it in depreciation then more power to you. A car that old will still have wear and tear beyond just tires and fluids and if you do professional service will still be paying ferrari rates for work done or close to it at an Indi shop. Lambos need their clutch every 15-20k miles I heard and that is not cheap either. My main factor was the wife who after my falling in love with the R8 decided to tone back my spending allowance. Heheh that car would have been cheaper to maintain than the Italians and handled great.

I was also looking at lotus (too raw) and 911 S or GTS. I drove a GTS but couldn't get over the feeling of the weight in the rear and it feeling as if it would oversteer at every second compared to the boxster. In the end I decided new with warranty and mid engine spec'd exactly how I wanted would win over a used 911. This way I get a perfectly clean car, no history, full warranty, how I want it and all the new tech goodies. Flip side...steering is worse...but I'll live with It.

My two cents... If you tell me a 360 is really that cheap to own I'd love to see where...I probably lost my deposit now if I change but I'm gonna feel bad if I didn't do my homework right...
Heh

Last edited by mcomet; 07-04-2013 at 10:42 AM.
mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote