View Single Post
Old 01-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #8
deliriousga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
John,

What slots are you talking about? The 2000 MY indicates unused fuses in location D4, E9, and E10 in the Fuse Panel. There will be a few more depending upon your Option pkg.

Unfortunately, each of these is indicated by the Wiring Schematic to be supplied directly by Battery Power, independent of the Ignition Switch (You will want to confirm this with a Multi-meter as innacuracies in Wiring Diagrams are often common). This means that you'll need to tap into another fused circuit (using something like the Blade Taps I described) which is supplied with power only when the Ignition Switch is in the Park, Run, or Start positions. Again, according to the Schematics, there are very few of these.

One possibility would be Fuse # A8, reserved for License Plate Lights (Canadian Models only) and so s/b unused. Another is Fuse #C5 (unused in 2000) and C6 which is your Wipers/Washers (which don't run often) and are Ignition Switch dependent in the Run or Start positions - it is already rated at 25Amps.

For Ground, to avoid splicing into the existing Harness, I would take my Ground Wire and crimp a 'O' Ring style connector on it and attach it at Ground Point GP4 which is Under the Dash, close to the Center Console on the Driver's side - this is also the Ground Point for the existing Cigarette Lighter. Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Sorry for the delay Jim. I have a deadline I'm trying to meet at work.

Anyway, I'm thinkng about the seat heater or possibly the headlight washer circuit since I don't have either. I will definitely ground it directly rather than through another circuit.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote