Thread: "The Red Clip"
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 09:03 AM   #18
RandallNeighbour

BobMarley:

I don't think you can increase the strength, angle or area covered by the sensor.

If you have the red clip on the car, top and windows down, and you lock your car with your remote, then wait about five minutes, it should sound the alarm when you try to reach into the car and take something out of your cubby holes in front of the shifter.

It will not keep someone from slipping their hand down the door and into the map pockets, rear storage area, or go off if someone pops out your rollbar inserts or windscreen... so be forewarned.

The center console below your elbow is covered by the alarm via a wire, however, so anything inside there is protected by your horn making a racket, if you want to call that protection.

FWIW - I rarely leave my top down, even when I'm at Starbucks and can sit outside and watch the car. Theives can rip you off 20 feet away and be gone in 5 seconds or less, taking your windscreen and rollbar inserts. Same goes for your radar detector, even though it will set off the alarm due to proximity to the sensors. It's just not worth the risk to lose hundreds of dollars of stuff. The red clip is good for what it's good for, but it ain't good for much IMO.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 01-17-2006 at 09:08 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote