View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #40
Wilson01S

OK the timing mark on the intake cam (on the rear of the engine) is pointing 90* out toward the cam cover. The marks on the intake and exhaust cam (flywheel side of cylinders 1-3) are perfectly parallel with the seam between the cam cover and the head.

So I will need to rotate the engine 1 full turn clockwise,and repin the crankshaft so that I can then install cylinders 4-6 (which I now have the cams out of) so that they are perfectly parallel with the seam between the head and the cam cover correct?

Once I set the cam to cam timing with the new tensioner pads, and aligning the dots to the color coded index links on the chain, reinstall the cams, install the cam timing tool, reinstall the cam cover, and torque the cam cover down how do I know how to line the chain sprocket that is just dangling back up? Does it just bolt up and because the cams are timed together, and timed with the other head it should just work? It appears that the sprocket has some adjustments so I want to make sure everything is timed not only between the two heads, but with the IMS

Sorry for the long winded question.

Also! Is there an updated tensioner for cyl 4-6 (below the a/c comp)? I ordered that tensioner and it is different than the one I took out. Seems to be about 2mm longer, and it has a large allen bolt instead of a hex head to tighten it with?
2010 CBR1000RR- Sold
Wilson01S is offline   Reply With Quote