Thread: redone armrests
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
PugilistPorsche
PugilistPorsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle52 View Post
I purchased my Box in May this year. The only cosmetic problem I had with the interior was the arm rests were totally chipped up. I later found out that the previous owner had a small dog that liked to sit on the drivers lap and put it's paws on the arm rest so it could stick it's head out the wndow, or just out in the fresh air with the top down. Anyway I thought I would share my results. I know others have done this fix but thought I would give others who may need to do this some encouragement.

I just finished them off in Metropol Blue Leather. This is a little more time consuming project than it may appear but the results are a much nicer looking arm rest. I also don't have the complaint from my wife that the black plastic is coming off on her arm or clothes. I have a few more pieces on the interior to do to finish the whole project.

Send me questions if you would like to know more.
Good morning,
I have an '03 Boxster S - Arctic Silver w/ Metropol Blue top and interior. I admire what you have done with your door pocket lid armrests and I would very much like to do the same to mine. Would you please let me know where I may source the needed materials as well as any other tips? Thank you very much.
PugilistPorsche is offline   Reply With Quote