View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #22
Kroggers

Last Sunday was race 3 and 4 in the 2013 PRCF Sports Cup here in Finland, and whilst the Boxster performed outstandingly - the nut behind the wheel did not

RACE 3:

After the qualification round, I registered a best lap time to put me 4th on start grid.

I had a strong start and managed to get close to the leading car going into first corner - a right hand bend with me on the inside, and the car spun round and I ended up in the dirt! Our regulations specify that if you spin off (all 4 wheels outside the track) you get a drive through penalty. So I drove in and got the all clear - putting me in last position. Whilst I did not end up outside the track with the spin, both my front wheels were out when the spin stopped + I opted to drive forward and off the track to get back on which put me off the track! By the end of the race I finished overall 4th and 1st in class, having overtaken 5 cars - I am actually happy with this result

You can see the in-car video from this race on YouTube - CoolCava Racing Boxster - Porsche PRCF Sports Cup Race 3 - 2013 at Alastaro - YouTube

My fastest registered lap in this race was 1:30.323

RACE 4:

As I had clocked a good lap time in race 3, I started 2nd on the grid for this race. I decided to not go in so hot on the first corner this time, and as such by end of first lap I was overall 3rd. About half was into the race with me in a good lead I killed the Las Palmas hairpin bend at Alastaro (It has this name due to all the sand) and ended up in the dirt again

Whilst the spin in race 3 was driver error - going in to first corner to hot with cold rubber is not smart! I am not sure about the Las Palmas trip. I need to analyse the video and recorded data to find out more, but for some strange reason the brakes did not behave as normal for just this one time. The pedal went harder than normal and it felt like I did not have full stooping power? It is also possible that I stood on the stop-pedal to late - but I think I did not. Any how, I did not manage to make the turn! Any idea on this one???

Another visit in for a drive through penalty and out again. This time I was to far into the race to get all the way back up to the lead again, but I did finish overall 5th and 1st in class.

You can see the in-car video from this race on YouTube - CoolCava Racing Boxster - Porsche PRCF Sports Cup Race 4 - 2013 at Alastaro - YouTube

My fastest registered lap in this race was 1:29.617 - That was the fastest lap for that day for a not Cup car!!!

Now I have spent two days trying to clean all the sand out from the Boxster!

Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote