Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
PUTTS4BOGEY

It could be...

That some people also choose colors based on other factors:

*Black looks great in the showroom
*Oops, black is hard to keep clean and shows swirl marks
*Red also looks great
*Red shows fewer imperfections than black, but more than white, silver or grey
*Yellow, that's it...errr...can I handle a color so bright?
*Silver or Grey...subtle, undertones the car...easy care, etc.

After having several black, silver, pearl white and blue cars...Audi TT's, S4's, A4's, Z3's, etc., etc....I found the silver and pearl white were easiest to maintain and maintained the "just detailed finish," while black looked great at my detail shop...but a few miles later...I could see the effects of the elements...

This time, I chose....

Guards Red...'06 Boxster S, Black Leather/Top
-Chrome tips
-Bose and Changer
-Power Seats
-Wind Deflector
-Bi-Xenon
-Heated Seats (handy in the north)
-Summer and Winter Tires
-Auto Climate
-Colored Wheel Crests
-and the list continues....

But guess what...

The flatter or darker the finish (non-metallic, which is the basis for extra charges from Porsche) the more swirls show.

The brighter the color, the fewer cars you see...perhaps the..."the car is sharp in any color, do I need a "look at me color?" influences the choice.

For every color to choose, every buyer has a reason for the choice...yet it all comes down to...what you like.

I paid $1,200 extra for Pearl White on an Audi...paid more for certain options I liked, etc., yet the resale is based more on retail...what the seller or reseller can get for the car...and that is usually based more on:

*condition
*mileage
*popular options
*reasonable color combinations
*year
*right buyer, right timing

On a lease, there is no re-sale value...you are renting the car. You pay a pre-determined amount for a pre-determined term for the use, not ownership of the car. On a purchase, you pay, and when its time to sell, you sell when you either get what you want or when you need to sell or when you find what you want to buy next. If there was a guaranteed money-making color, all cars would be that color, yet how boring would that be?

Relax...pick a color YOU want...enjoy!
PUTTS4BOGEY is offline   Reply With Quote