View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #22
Wilson01S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
Cool beans!

So, Wilson01S, are you fixed then? What did your engine tell you when you ran it? No more "clunking" I hope?

I too heard that by removing the OLD oil from the chain tensioner and replacing it with NEW oil, it may calm down the 'regular' chain startup rattle…yours was NOT a rattle - but the RATTLESNAKE SHAKE!

Bet you'll be doing REGULARLY SCHEDULED oil changes from now on!
This car was my "Uncles" and I believe he followed the 15,000 mile oil change interval....unfortunately the car has 36,984mi and its 12 years old!!!!!!!!!

I have always changed the oil twice a year on our 98 boxster base (it only gets ~2000mi/year) so I do a change in the spring and a change in the fall before its stored.

Anyway I pulled the cam cover yesterday...I will take the cams out today. Nothing looks abnormal yet with the clutch, IMS, compression, spark plugs, exhaust manifolds, and now under the cam cover.

ByProDriver- is there a spec or anything I can look at to see if I would have a failed lifter? I will have them all out this afternoon and I am just wondering if there is anything I can look for to see if one is bad?

Thanks again guys and I will keep you posted and upload a ton of pics over the weekend!
2010 CBR1000RR- Sold
Wilson01S is offline   Reply With Quote