View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
BrianD.

Front Plate

Here in Kaleeforneeah, a FRONT PLATE is issued and is required on the vehicle. In my experience, if you drive like normal person and not like you're saying look at me in my 'Porsh', you should have fewer problems. Hey, just the fact you're driving a Porsche is an attraction in itself. Aggressive driving in places frequented by the highway constabulary is usually not advisable. Translation: don't invite trouble to your party. (I drive a slightly modified 2K-S. It's REALY FUN, but I try not to attract attention to myself.) Same goes for high dollar polished stainless steel aftermarket exhaust gas devices producing higher than "normal" decibel readings. AND, cops talk to other cops. Word gets around you're usually good for a mechanical pinch, who knows what else you're good for.

When operating at (or outside) legal parameters, you have to think like a cop. After all, good cops think like the people they are trying to catch. Assume that if you can't see 'em around the curve or the rise in the road, they're there. I was drivng home on a long trip one night and was all alone on a two lane highway, 60 in a 55. I sometimes have a sense about going slow(er), and I slowed. In a place where I usually expect to see the highway control parked behind a tree and off the road about 30 feet there was none, and while I was looking right, he was on the left, parked right next to the highway in total darkness. HELL-O !
By the way, If you get a touch of the brake lights from one, you just got a friendly warning without the embarassment and sweat of being stopped.

Happy motoring !
BrianD. is offline   Reply With Quote