View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Retroman1969

New Member, First Time Porsche Owner...

Hi guys,
All through my childhood one of my biggest dream cars was a silver Porsche 356.
Back in college my friends and I went nuts over the "new" Boxster as a well-executed modern day equivalent.
8 months ago I finally picked one up almost on impulse.
All the scare stories aside, it checked out as a good, dry, healthy example by a reputable local Porsche shop, and has just been a rock solid, reliable joy to drive! (94,000 miles on it so far)
I took these pics back when I first got it....

A little more to the story...
Last month, I sent it into the shop for a regular service, they left it out, and it got caught in a freak hailstorm overnight (Welcome to Oklahoma!). I was sick when I saw little "Fräulein" the next day! Front reflectors knocked out, and hundreds of dings all over the car. Fortunately the dings were tiny (paintless repair) and the insurance company generous.
I decided to have the front clip stripped down and refinished while it was there and all apart. A faded nose and lots of little chips in the nose and hood prompted the decision.
Fräulein has been in the body shop for three weeks and I'm supposed to be picking it up Tuesday. The shop owner says the car is coming out as good or better than factory new.
I'm as anxious as a little kid to see how Fräulein came out, and take her back home.
Three weeks without the thrill and joy of driving this car, or even just looking at it, is driving me crazy!
I learned early on what Boxster owners mean by the term "Permagrin".

Sorry for the long-winded intro!