Thread: Sanity check
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 06:51 AM   #19
deliriousga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioboxster
How can you tell month a car was manfactured? The vin doesnt tell you month correct? My car was assembeled in Uusikaupunki, Finland anyway heres the vin
WPOCA2985XU624507 sorry not trying to hijack I found my build date......11/98 so I guess I have one of the seconds blocks, doh
To put your mind at ease, they also said the problem shows up quickly if the liner was pressed in too hard. Usually within the first 10K miles. You have to take into account the stock of engines they had on hand and how far in advance they build them. I'd imagine with a build date of 11/98, your engine was probably made 2-3 months before that.

Please don't worry too much about the problem if you already have one within the build dates. The failure of problem engines usually happens early so you most likely don't have a problem 6 years later and many miles into the engine. I have a 2000, but the head gasket could blow tomorrow and engine seize, who knows. I just think somebody looking at a used car should have all of the info available to them and put the odds in their favor.

Whichever model you get, enjoy the heck out of it.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote