Thread: Sanity check
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #12
tqtran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliriousga
If it's a '99, check the engine build date. I wouldn't touch one with an engine build of 10/98-03/99 because of the "seconds" blocks that were used. Those are the ones with an unusually high engine failure rate.
Are you referring to the "slip sleeve" problem? I've never heard of it as the "seconds blocks".

rteichman: If you can find a good 99 that you can see for yourself, then I say get it.
I myself have a 99 and I have not had any problems with it in the few years I have owned it.
As to the "engine failure" and "slip sleeve", with 40K+ on the clock, I'm sure it has been taken care of by now.
ALso, just remember this: someone will always tell you to spend "just a little more" for something better. But once you decide on $25K, then whats another 5K to get an 03 right?? Then when someone conviences you on $30K, then whats another 10K for 1 year old 987? You get the idea??
Don't fall to peer pressure because you are the one that has to live with your decision. Trust your intuition. If you think that 99 is for you then get it. If not then wait a little longer for one that is.
tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote