View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
Kroggers

So the weekend just gone was the start of the 2013 season in Finland with race 1 and 2 at Botniaring.

The weather was really good with sun and +15 in temp.

I discovered a problem during practice and had to stop early to get things fixed - the car was not behaving properly and did not feel correct. Took us quite some time to find the issue, but in the end we discovered that the right rear Elephant Racing control arm had come lose and had worked its way out to extreme camber and with it had given me some stupid amount of tow out on that wheel

One issue was that we could not find correct size spanners to sort it properly (they were all at home in the garage ), so we did the best we could to get it all back and tight and I ventured out again. We could not wind it in properly, so I ended up running the weekend with one rear wheel with way to much tow out!!!

Here we are trying to get things sorted out

But even with the problems on the rear wheel, the results were good At the end of the day, I took 1st in class and 4th overall in race 1, and 1st in class and 1st overall in race 2

A good start to the 2013 season!!!

In car video from race 1 can be found on the CoolCava Racing YouTube - CoolCava Racing Boxster - Porsche PRCF Sports Cup Race 1 - 2013 at Botniaring - YouTube
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote