View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
Porsche Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboy981 View Post
36psi ALL the way AROUND? Isn't it supposed to be 29 in the fronts? …unless you "squared" your setup on all the same rims and tires.

Again, that is for COLD tires pressure AND regular driving. If you are going on the track or going to drive more aggressively adjust the pressure DOWN - as the tires will heat up alot more more at high speed. Don't know pressures for AX, sorry.

I am getting at least TWICE the mileage out of my fronts and I am in the rear. In fact, I am on my 3rd set for the rear, while the fronts look fine.
I use about 7 lbs over the regular cold pressure.

In the notes for one of our first AX's it said to go to 40 PSI. That seemed like a big jump from my usual 29/31. I was one of the only Boxsters registered, so that made me suspicious. I looked up 911 pressures and 40 would have put them about 7 lbs over normal. Then I did a little digging (some of those racers' websites are pretty funny) and they were recommending going up 7. Long story short (I know, too late for that now) I'm glad I ignored the notes.