View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Kroggers

Thank you all for the nice feedback, hope she drives as good as she looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW02S View Post
Nicely done Kroggers, you should really enjoy the new suspension.
I had the KWv3 on another car and just loved it, there's so much tuning latitude.
Hope you have a great season.
These are a custom set made in partnership between KW and SVP in the UK to fit the Boxster - they are not a direct fit as they use the Cayman housing, so you need to widen the uprights a bit to make them fit. Not sure if they will also do a direct bolt on version? But they have the KW racing internals, sorry do not know much more about them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
What size of wheels and tires did you select? Did you drive on Cup tires last year or are they also a new upgrade?

Car looks great!
The wheels were custom made for me by Image wheels in UK. I am running with 265/35x18 and 295/30x18. This will be my second season on MPSC. The first year I was running with R888 and did not like them - I was much faster with the MPSC. The R888 is good, I have them on my 911 but I did not get a confident feel from them on the Boxster for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP1DOUG View Post
Looks great - that front splitter looks awsome.

Good luck with your season.
Thank you, that is splitter prototype version 1 It is made from plywood covered in racers tape. The vertical section to cover the gap between the splitter and the bottom of the front bumper is just a plastic strip attached to some metal angle brackets and then again covered in tape to make air tight. If this one turns out to be the correct shape and design (and survives the season) then I might consider making a new version in composite during next winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insite View Post
Looks great! Is that car right hand drive?
Is that not the correct configuration for a racing car
I grew up in the UK and that is where I learned to drive. I can drive (and do every day) a LHD car here in Finland, but for racing I still feel more comfortable on the right.

I had a fun time with the front fenders from AIR - there was a misunderstanding on what model Boxster they would fit and it turned out to be the wrong version for my car and headlights, so I altered the front bumper to fit.

With the wider wheels, the front radiators were also in the way, so they had to be relocated and moved further forward.

Also made some small upgrades in the driver compartment, such as a new shiffter and a RaceLogic Video V-Box light.

Here are some more in progress pictures from the winter for you all...

Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote