View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
Kroggers

My Boxster racing car story

Just realised that it is over a year since I last posted an update on my racing fun, over here - http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/31844-hello-new-member.html

Thought I would give an update and continue in the correct location

So, my last post was early in in the 2012 season after the crash at Ahvenisto. To shorten the story and get us closer and up-to-date. I and the CoolCava Racing team had a great season. As a team we took 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall in the Sports Cup and 2nd overall in the GT3 Cup Trophy. Personally I took 1st in class and 2nd overall which I think is not to bad for my 2nd year racing

The not so bad part was that during the season I had two accidents. The first one I noted in the other thread when I took a corner wrong and ended up in the tire wall. The second time was another driver that failed to take a corner and drove straight into the side of my car. So by the end of the season I had damage to both sides of my car This is how my car looked by the end of the 2012 season...

But as someone who does try to always look on the bright side, I decided to see this as an opportunity for improvements, and generated a nice long project list for the winter and to get ready for the 2013 season - which starts at the end of next week

During the winter I did the following with the help from some great friends:
.- reprogrammed the DME with a race focused tune - will dyno next Monday.
.- Removed the factory 6 speed transmission and installed a 5 speed for better gearing.
.- Installed custom KW racing suspension

.- Installed a load of nice suspension upgrades from Tarett and ER

.- Got new (wider) wheels

And a long list with smaller upgrades, and repairs including several alterations to the bodywork - I did after all have crash damage to fix.
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote