View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #14
olly986

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
Sorry, haven't been on the board in the last day or so, so late reply. Like PorschePhD (Stephen Kaspar, who owns Imagine Auto), Evo motorsports will be installing the kit that we designed in house, so it will be the same deal. I can't remember what all we discussed in the last topic about the SC kit from about a month ago, but like Stephen said, the 2.5 will be 7k plus install. We still need to do a couple of dry runs to determine the exact amount of labor needed, but it will not be as extensive as our 996 kits which run about 17 hours. The 3.2 kit which we are still working on, will be about 8k plus install due to the addition of custom headers, which we are still working out. The front O2 sensor sits in the way of our SC on those cars, so we are in the process of redesigning the header system on that engine. In fact, i believe our guinea pig headers showed up yesterday for us to start cutting and modifying. The 2.5L kit picked up roughly 100 horses to the wheels at about 4psi of boost. This is determined to be a safe level of boost for us to run on the engines, and we have done extensive tuning with the program to ensure proper power, air/fuel ratios, and proper power curve. The supercharger runs at a very minimal rate when compared to what it is capable of, so the system is very under stressed. In our 996 kits, (which evo designed and built, and we sell and install), we also run 4-5psi and those kits have been bulletproof. We have cars with 50-60k miles on the kits with zero issues. This is something we are very familiar with, i have 2 996's in the shop right now that i will install superchargers in this coming week.

Like Stephen said, any questions, let em fly

hi Doc
as mentioned previously, will the tiptronic support such an excess power on the 2.5 or other models for that matter and what will the power be on the 3.2, also will someone sell it in Europe at any stage?

thanks