View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 07:23 AM   #1
CharlesGordon
Regional Moderator

Post White Mts Ride: The Details

Hi GBBG folks,

We're delighted to have a great response to this ride. It was interesting that practically no one could have made it last weekend, but this coming weekend was universally good. So far I have confirmed Rey & Juliette, John & Janet, Colin & Loosey, Brian, Rob & Collin (total of 6 cars including myself & Sara). Chris, Ed, as well as anyone else expressing interest, please respond to this thread or email me if you can make it. I'm going to make our lunch reservations shortly.

Since many of you are coming from NH, and we're pretty spread out from the South, let's all meet at the Rest Stop/State Liquor Store near Manchester, NH at 10:00 am. I believe it is the first exit after the tolls on 93. We'll park well clear of the buildings to avoid the traffic and be easier to spot for those joining us.

The route is currently as follows: When we leave the rest area we will be heading North on 93 past Concord and the Lakes Region. We'll exit 93 on 112 West, heading North to 116, connecting to Rt 3 East via Rt 18. Route 3 will join 302 East, and the Hotel Mount Washington is on 302. Following lunch, we will continue East on 302 to Bear Notch Road (South). After connecting with the Kancamagus Highway (112) and heading West, we will stop for a breather and quick hike at Sabbaday Falls. From there we will probably continue West on 112 until hitting 93 for the easy way home. Any suggestions for refinements of this route would be most welcome, but I think it is already a great trip! I expect we'll all be home in the very early evening, so this is not too strenuous a ride.

Regarding communication, we use FRS (typically Motorola "TalkAbout") radios tuned to channel 8, code 6 (as in nine-86). Usually we bring a couple of extra radios in case you need one. If you need to contact me for any reason, my cell phone number is 617-974-5704.

Can't wait to see everybody this Saturday. Get those radios and cameras charged and your tanks filled!

-Charlie

Last edited by CharlesGordon; 07-22-2002 at 11:13 AM.
CharlesGordon is offline   Reply With Quote