View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #24
AKnowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Chick View Post
AKnowles; If your relationship is as good as you say it is (and I have no reason to doubt you, it sounds great) then there is something else going on. Is she worried or insecure about something?

Have a long talk, or just give it a rest for a while, then talk about it in 6 months maybe?
Well, she has a few issues with finances based on her "Ex" and her youth, however, she's been working through them with me for the last 12 years and gotten a lot better. Just had a bit of a "moment" with her this weekend, but no biggie. What I pointed out to her was no not start with the negative worries, but instead look at the requirements (i.e. check the insurance to see what it would cost, look at the requirements for a purchase price, look at the requirements to see how long it would take to save to purchase it outright, etc.) and then decide if it a workable solution or not.

Just doing that calmed down the situation quite a bit as she realizes I'm not looking to make a knee jerk reaction and impulsive purchase. Not am I going to do something like this at her expense (i.e. she has a trip to Europe we need to pay for as a girl scout chaperone when my step-daughter 'earns' her way). I pointed out her trip was her fun and I'd another get another P-car than tale a motorcycle trip to Europe as I originally suggested since I can't attend the GS trip with her.

We'll just have to see how it works out, but I suspect I might wind up with another P-car soon.