View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #13
BadBoyS

Talking online buying

I have had 2 chances to use online buying. One Good One BAAAAD. I was the high bidder on ebay a 1991 911 cab. car was in NJ ran carfax and asked the seller for more pictures. Looked good and I was set. Well maybe not, 14 hours of driving with trailor in tow I got to the car. Engine light, Top light and a NICE NEW deep scratch on the passenger door. Plus the swirl marks in the paint were really bad. The car did not start and needed to be jumped. Each time the car was shut off it needed to be jumped. I told the guy that he didn't disclose any of this and that I wasn't intrested. He said all of the above just came up. His kid dropped his bike on the door. 14 hour ride back with trailor(no car) and a nice learning experience. I called My attorney just in case the guy tried to push the binding contract crap with ebay. He did call on my way home to apologize Little late. I didn't put a deposit down since he wanted a money order so I lucked out there too.

After looking for years for a decent 911 in the 90-92 year range I made the decision to get the boxster. I feel I made the right choice. Purchased on- line (not ebay)but had a inspection done before hand and carfax and porsche service info. Night and day expierence it pays to do your homework. :dance:
1995 Honda Civic *Track Toy*
1971 Olds Cutlass Convertible
1968 Camaro SS 396 4 speed
2000 V Star 1100
BadBoyS is offline   Reply With Quote