Thread: Carbras.
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #7
Ronzi

As you can see from the picture above, I use the conventional bra or mask as well.
I have been very satisfied with it in terms of protecting the paint, etc.

The only issue I have is that if you drive the car in the wet (seldom, in my case) you have to take the bra off and dry the car and the inside of the bra before replacing it. According to the instructions packed with the bra, allowing water to dry underneath the bra can cause dulling of the paint.

Another point is that little bits of road grit can lodge in the edge of the bra where it crosses the hood, and also in the fabric on the underside. Whenever I remove the bra I vacuum the inside to get this stuff out.

I'm not a big fan of the clear bras for the reasons mentioned by mnboxster, plus I have been told by an installer that the clear bras yellow over time and must be replaced.

I think the total cost of the bra and the two mirror muffs from a Porsche dealer was about $150, which I think is a lot less that having the clear film put on.

On the other hand, if you are going to track (driver's ed, autocrosses, etc.) you may have no choice but to use a clear bra, as PCA for example will not let you run with a conventional bra on the car.

Last edited by Ronzi; 01-04-2006 at 09:46 AM.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote