View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #50
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffinhunter View Post
I can't imagine if the Boxster S and the 996 Turbo were available for the same price (same years, mileage, options etc.) almost everyone here wouldn't JUMP into the 996. Not that we don't all love our cars, but come on. Just like I don't believe that if the Base Boxster and the "S" were priced the same people would be buying the base.
Well that's about as likely as a Ferrari F430 going for the same price as a Fiat 500 (non-Chrysler version).

Can't really expect a race engine to go for the same price as the brand's street engine. Something would have to be seriously out of wack for that to ever be the case.

But in all honesty if you told me that for the next 10 years I could only drive one car recreationally and that I could have either a 981 S or a 991 Turbo and I could not sell either, I had to keep the one I picked for those 10 years, I wouldn't be jumping into the Turbo without thinking it over for a good long while and I'm prett sure I would be leaning towards the car at half the price of the other. Well I can tell you which one I'd probably get bored with sooner.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote