View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #64
Porsche Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I always meet women who say "I want the automatic/PDF because I don't know how to drive a stick". Or maybe guys are afraid to say this and women aren't.
Some guys won't even try to teach them, or like a famous basketball player who bought his wife a Lamborghini and then paid nearly double to have it made into an automatic.
Either way my response to them is "guys like women who can shift their own gears. There are pages and pages of YouTube videos of it".

And in foreign countries I've visited women learn how to drive manual early on.
But for some reason it's seen as some special talent here.
I drove a stick for 6 years, so it's no mystery to me.

But honestly, I think a lot of men try to keep this info to themselves. It's like women and sewing; very few men know how to sew even though it's really easy.

I also think a lot of women do NOT want to learn. When I'm at the PCA meetings, the women look at me like there's something wrong when I say I drive my own Porsche. I urge them to "try it, it's fun!" and they get scared looking. It's really kinda weird I think when it comes right down to it, the majority of people are more comfortable in traditional, old-fashioned roles.

Last edited by Porsche Chick; 03-28-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Porsche Chick is offline   Reply With Quote