View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Head View Post
I LOVE THE CAR! Its beautiful, handles great and is just a blast to drive! It's hard to really enjoy the car though when in the back of your mind you think it could blow up any moment!

I can handle high repair costs (as long as there not frequent). I can perform many maintenance repairs myself (oil changes, brakes). What scares the **************** out of me is the total engine failures I keep hearing about! I can't afford that! That makes the car a total loss! The total loss of an investment of this size would be financially devastating!

I can't find any real statistics on the likelihood of failure or what years have the worst record and should be avoided. I would just like to find some good news about these cars that would make me rest a little easier.

I just want to be able to enjoy my new sports car without having to be paranoid.
Welcome to the best of the Boxster forums! You are handy with a wrench so don't worry too much. Get the Pelican Parts.com - 101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster and the Bentley manual. There are lots of great DIY projects on this forum as well as Pedro's Garage. DIY Projects: Do-it-Yourself Repair and Maintenance for your Porsche If you get stuck, there are plenty of people here that will help out. If you don't want to spend the money on the replacement IMS, get the IMS Guardian or even cheaper, a magnetic drain plug. Cut open your oil filter after a change to check for metal. Like others have said, drive it hard. Remember, those with a problem are the ones who post, most owners are oblivious and just out enjoying the great car that is a Boxster
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote