View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
boxter s oo

boxster Control locking unit nightmare (not locking)

just like many others I got wet my central locking unit , I follow Pedro advice I remove the CLU and drunk it in isopropyl I let it dry and put it back, the car start and drives as normal but

the symptoms are : 1 doors won lock (it unlocks itself when I use the key and it will beeps the horn twice , 2: the dash lock switch (button with a key) does not work at all (the light won turn on )
the trunk & hood were lock some how I unlock them by pushing something between the latch next to the driver seat

I have

checked all the fuses included the one in the CLU
I have replaced the dash lock switch with another one that I bought from ebay but no luck
I also check that the center console is closing properly

Additionnal info: before it got wet I used to heard a whire noise by the front right bumper ,(probably the fuel actuator going bad) but no more noise I guess it shouldn't affect the dash lock switch , I know the alarm still works because when I turn the driverside lock three times to the lock position , it will lock just the driver side ,but if I do that and then I open the passenger door ,the alarm goes off

boxter s 2000 3.2 Thanks alot for your help ! really appreciated it

Last edited by boxter s oo; 03-23-2013 at 03:14 PM.
boxter s oo is offline   Reply With Quote