View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
Skrapmot

Thinking of buying a used Boxster, which one is the wiser choice?

I'd stay clear of the 100k on unless the price is cheaper. There's no way I'd buy an automatic unless you need to eat your breakfast or put makeup on in your car. I'd get the base model out of those options, but make sure it's mechanically sound. If you don't know how to drive stick or like to fuss with your hair in the mirror, get low mileage S.
More importantly, find a model first that is your favorite color ....my biggest regret is not buying a silver with red interior, or maybe that light seal green... My black is a POS to keep clean, and heats up to 200 degrees in the sun, making washing it a challenge. Keep shopping until you find the one. It's worth the wait and maybe a little extra cash if need be.
Second, make sure it's mechanically sound, documented, and well cared for. A lot of posers buy them and drive them like an appliance, without taking the time to are for them properly. I'm always shocked by the number of new Porsche going through auto care washes. Don't buy some else's problems.

Last edited by Skrapmot; 03-22-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Skrapmot is offline   Reply With Quote