View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Angry LNE Adding Insult To Injury

10:04 AM CST - Just spoke to George at LNE.

Hard to believe they run a business like this. Basically, I am to blame for installation, period. I assumed ALL RISKS for NOT BEING A PORSCHE WORKSHOP AND PREVIOUSLY INSTALLING SAID BEARING!!! They are responsible FOR NOTHING…not EVEN THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS THEY PRODUCE!!

AND….

I HAVE TO BUY THEIR TOOL TO REMOVE THE FAILED BEARING!! What?

No offer of help or restitution was made except that, "We will look at our bearing once you get it out and send it to us, of course you need to order OUR PART to extract it. If, at our SOLE DISCRETION, WE FEEL it is bad, we will refund you." Really? :chicken:

"Thousands of installations have been done and no one has had a problem", was what he told me originally.

Then he changed to, "We even have Porsche mechanics call us on the installations they have a problem with as they may not have done it before. But they NEVER have a problem." Must be why they are calling, huh?

"This is why we do not like to sell to individuals with QUESTIONABLE MECHANICAL EXPERIENCE". Could not believe he had the gall to say that! Everyone on this board, except a few, fall into THIS DESCRIPTION!

Insulting my intelligence, my mechanical ability AND then asking me for more money?

George to you and LN Engineering, I say, "Thinking I am stupid and insulting me will NOT help anyone speak good of your company and may be your undoing as I will tell every member about my experience at your hand. All the North Texas Boxster people will know how I (or ANYONE on this Board) have been or will be treated by your company AND how this was TOTALLY AVOIDABLE!" Your Customer Service skills are severely lacking.

Funny LNE DID NOT have a problem taking my money.

And yes, LN Engineering is responsible for instructions THEY PRODUCE, whether he admits it or not. So, KNOW THE LNE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT CORRECT. And, if they cannot even produce good instructions - kind of makes you wonder about other things coming from them?

SO BE WARNED FUTURE IMS people who DO NOT to take it to a shop….you ARE BEING ABANDONED by LNE! So why do we have the Forum exactly? Oh, that's right, for DIYs. I guess LNE SHOULD NOT be talked about here!

Starting to sound like they have more failures than they would lead you to believe…maybe I'll go with another brand.