View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #20
mistermac99

Garage
Ah-Ha!!!!!!!
Found the noise!!!!:dance:

I mentioned that a while back my soft top tension cable was making a noise, and I tightened it up and the noise went away. I think it was the adjustment bracket moving.

A couple days ago I unhooked the bottom part of the tension cable on the driver's side, but I was still getting the clicking noise, so I figured it had to be something else. I've been riding around with a stethoscope in my ears. LOL

Today I was cruising and decided to stop and remove the tension cable all together. BAMMMM!!! Like magic, the noise stopped.

I wonder if a new cable will do better?

I have a new GAHH top ordered and the install is in about one week. Does anyone know if the tension cables come with the new top, or do they use my old cables? I went with the upgraded glass window, and was wondering if the cable I have on the old top will work on the new top that has a glass window? I think I need to contact GAHH to inquire. The installer ordered the top, and he didn't know at the time.

Anyway, very glad I found the clicking noise. So, if any of you have the same noise, check the tension cable.

Good luck, and thanks for all the replies!