View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
shadrach74

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeedp View Post
I bought a brand new Mini Cooper S in with 6 speed manual 2004 and put 26,000 miles on it in 11 months.tremendous fun and good gas mileage.The hatchback carried big stuff.Different kind of fun from my current new to me 2000 S with 6 speed.

Mini interior quality not as good but parts not as expensive.VERY glad to have owned both cars.Exterior trim is poor quality on the Mini and you need to watch out for the plastic cooling system thermostat as it will crack and fail and cause coolant loss.My car was in warranty and trouble free.

Mine was supercharged.Newer ones,maybe 2006 and up are turbocharged.The run flat tires and stiff "S" suspension are rough riding.

My nearest dealer, located in Memphis Tennessee was really good for service and hospitality.Try the MINI S model!
The fit and finish of our 05 MCS is better than the Boxters he is considering...and by a large margin. The MCS is my GF's DD, with 80K it looks 10 years newer than the interior on my my 02 S with 58K (though that will change after I finish my interior project).
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote