View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeedp View Post
I bought a brand new Mini Cooper S in with 6 speed manual 2004 and put 26,000 miles on it in 11 months.tremendous fun and good gas mileage.The hatchback carried big stuff.Different kind of fun from my current new to me 2000 S with 6 speed.

Mini interior quality not as good but parts not as expensive.VERY glad to have owned both cars.Exterior trim is poor quality on the Mini and you need to watch out for the plastic cooling system thermostat as it will crack and fail and cause coolant loss.My car was in warranty and trouble free.

Mine was supercharged.Newer ones,maybe 2006 and up are turbocharged.The run flat tires and stiff "S" suspension are rough riding.

My nearest dealer, located in Memphis Tennessee was really good for service and hospitality.Try the MINI S model!
I respectfully disagree with you on the issue of the Mini's build quality. I can't speak for models previous to 2008, however, in my opinion the fit and finish of both of my Mini's is, and was, on par with vehicles costing twice the price. And I have owned and driven many, many vehicles. In fact, performance notwithstanding, I just passed on a new Subaru WRX STi because of it's all round poor build quality and overall chintziness.