View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
SarlechS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pete View Post
Full Service history is a must...not just a few scraps of paper

Really take your time and take a list of notes with you to remind you what to check..
Let your head rule and not yr heart...which will be all of a flutter..!!

where in the UK are you? are u far from Essex?

also look to see if its had a battery recently, fluid changes etc.,
The general appearance should tell you if it has been looked after.. Look at the last owner details, and dont be affraid to contact them BEFORE you buy..
Remember all these things are costly if u decide then to renew your self..The bills mount up very quickly..
Make a low offer at least 10% off and see what they say...you can always work up but never down ...get them to throw in a service too if u r going to buy it

Just bought brake pads and rear discs for mine £200 invested.. Tyres arent cheap too...
I'm from Birmingham but I'm going to see a 986 near london over the weekend hopefully, he's going to get back to me later on tomorrow. the other one that i'm seeing tomorrow is based just down the road about 15-20 miles, i think near redditch.

the one in redditch is a trader, the other one is a private seller, i'd hate to annoy a private seller coming in with a cheeky offer? would knocking 1k off a car be acceptable?

thanks for your advice buddy, very much appreciated.
SarlechS is offline   Reply With Quote